BIWEEKLY DANCE CONTEST RULES AND GUIDELINES
- The contest is open to school students.
- Contest entry is free.
- Children from ages 5 to 14 years can participate (preschool to 8th grade).
- An entry form is required to participate in the contest.
- Submission (or uploading) of a dance video clip must be from one of the 21 Vocab Tunes’ songs provided on the download page.
- Same person/group can upload more than one video clip; however each entry must be for a different song choice from the 21 songs provided on the download page.
- Participants will get a week’s time to upload their dance video clips. Performance of the video clip, based on the number of likes, will be evaluated in the next week.
- Submission process for the next biweekly dance contest will begin after the winner of the previous contest is announced.
- One lucky winner, for every biweekly dance contest, can win $100 cash prize.
- Prize money is used for student or staff benefit. The prize money won’t be given to an individual since this is a group or school contest.
- Winners are responsible for all applicable tax reporting requirements.
- Submissions become property of Vocab Tunes. Through submission, contestants and their legal guardians or parents grant non-exclusive reproduction and publication rights for the works submitted. These works won’t be returned.
- All participants must have the waiver signed by his or her parent or legal guardian stating that we may use these video clips with their child(ren)’s image (waiver can be found on the entry form). Their child(ren)’s names won’t be disclosed in the videos or written material.
- Vocab Tunes LLC may use the video in publications or other media material produced, used, or contracted by Vocab Tunes LLC including but not limited to brochures, invitations, books, newspapers, magazines, television, websites, etc.
- Winners will be contacted by e-mail and must respond to the prize notification within 72 hrs.
- Winners must sign an acceptance form.
- Vocab Tunes will not be responsible for winning notifications being filtered by winners’ e-mail settings (white listing Vocab Tunes in your e-mail settings is recommended).
*Vocab Tunes LLC reserves the right to amend the terms of this contest. We will not lessen the prize money to be awarded. However we reserve the right to extend the competition and/or include additional prizes.
*Vocab Tunes LLC reserves the right not to award a winner if no entry merits such recognition.
*Vocab Tunes LLC reserves the right to use any video clip submitted to it for the purposes of the event sponsored by Vocab Tunes LLC with the written permission of the participants in the event.
Vocab Tunes LLC promises that to ensure the privacy of individuals and children, video clips will not be used without written approval from the videographed subject, parent, or legal guardian of the participants. Any person or organization not affiliated with Vocab Tunes LLC shall not use, copy, alter, or modify Vocab Tunes LLC photographs, graphics, videos, or other similar reproductions or recordings without the advance written permission of an authorized designee from Vocab Tunes LLC.