Mega Dance Contest Rules and Guidelines
- The contest is open for students and schools.
- Contest entry is free.
- Our program can be downloaded free of charge—only for elementary and middle school principals. School principals must contact Vocab Tunes LLC via the contact form on our website and be willing to provide proof.
- Children from ages 5 to 14 years can participate (preschool to 8th grade).
- Total prize amount is up to $25,000, which will be given as per the following:
- 21 – $1,000 prize winners (1 winner for each of the 21 song choices provided on the download page).
- 1 Grand Prize of $4,000 for the socially most recognized dance video from the 21 – $1,000 prize winners.
- Prize money is used for student or staff benefit. The prize money won’t be given to one individual since this is a group or school contest.
- Winners are responsible for all applicable tax reporting requirements.
- An entry form is required to participate in the contest.
- The contest can be entered more than one time by the same person/group; however, each entry must be for a different song choice from the 21 songs provided on the download page.
- The 21 songs on the download page are from the Vocab Tunes, grades 6 to 8 workbook.
- Submission (or uploading) of a dance video must be from one of the 21 Vocab Tunes songs provided on the download page.
- All entries will be judged by our panel of teacher/judges.
- Video submission for the Vocab Tunes dance contest starts from April 1, 2017. All entries must be postmarked by August 31, 2017.
- All entries will be judged by our panel of teachers/judges.
- Vocab Tunes is not responsible for entries that are late or lost in the mail. Entries received after the deadline will automatically enter in next year’s contest.
- Submissions become property of Vocab Tunes. Through submission, contestants and their legal guardians or parents grant non-exclusive reproduction and publication rights for the works submitted. These works won’t be returned.
- All participants must have the waiver signed by his or her parent or legal guardian stating that we may use these videos with their child(ren)’s image (waiver can be found on the entry form). Their child(ren)’s names won’t be disclosed in the videos or written material.
- Vocab Tunes LLC may use the video in publications or other media material produced, used, or contracted by Vocab Tunes LLC including but not limited to brochures, invitations, books, newspapers, magazines, television, websites, etc.
- Winners of the dance contest will be announced on November 01, 2017.
- Winners will be contacted by email and must accept the prize notification and respond within 72 hrs.
- Winners must sign an acceptance form.
- Vocab Tunes will not be responsible for winning notifications being filtered by winners’ email settings (white listing Vocab Tunes in your email settings is recommended).
- For a list of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope with sufficient postage to Vocab Tunes LLC 14797 Dix Toledo Rd. Southgate, MI 48195.
*Vocab Tunes LLC reserves the right to amend the terms of this contest. We will not lessen the total prize money to be awarded. However, we reserve the right to extend the competition and/or include additional prizes.
*Vocab Tunes LLC reserves the right to not to award winner a Prize in any given category if no entry merits such designation.
*Vocab Tunes LLC reserves the right to use any video submitted to it for the purposes of the event sponsored by Vocab Tunes LLC with the express written permission of the participants in the event.
Vocab Tunes LLC promises that to ensure the privacy of individuals and children, images/videos will not be used without written approval from the photographed subject, parent, or legal guardian of the participants. Any person or organization not affiliated with Vocab Tunes LLC shall not use, copy, alter, or modify Vocab Tunes LLC photographs, graphics, videography, or other similar reproductions or recordings without the advance written permission of an authorized designee from Vocab Tunes LLC.