Frequently Asked Questions
Who all can participate in the contest?
- The dance contest is open only for students and schools in the United States. Children between ages 5 and 14 years (preschool to 8th grade) can participate.
How much is the entry fees?
- The contest entry is completely free.
From where can you download the Vocab Tunes program?
- Elementary and middle school principals only can download our program free of charge. However, school principals must contact Vocab Tunes LLC via the contact form on our website and be willing to provide proof.
Can a participant take part in the contest more than once?
- Yes, the same person/group can participate in the contest more than one time. However, each entry must be for a different song out of the 21 songs provided on the Vocab Tunes download page.
Can a participant choose any song of their choice?
- No, submission (or uploading) of a dance video must be on one of the 21 Vocab Tunes songs provided.
When is the last day for the submission of entries?
- All entries must be postmarked by Aug 30, 2017. Vocab Tunes is not responsible for late entries. Also remember that all submission forms must be completely filled in (except where it says optional).
What if the participant misses the deadline?
- Entries received after the deadline will be automatically entered into next year’s contest.
What would happen to the submissions?
- The submissions become properties of Vocab Tunes. Through submissions, contestants and their legal guardians or parents grant non-exclusive reproduction and publication rights to Vocab Tunes LLC for the works submitted. Remember, these works won’t be returned.
Why it is important for participants to get their waiver signed by parent/legal guardian?
- It is mandatory for all participants to have the waiver signed by his or her parent or legal guardian stating that Vocab Tunes may use these videos with their child(ren)’s image. The child(ren)’s names won’t be disclosed in the videos or written material (waiver is found on the registration form).
Is the prize amount taxable?
- Yes, winners are responsible for all applicable U.S. and state tax-reporting requirements.
Who will decide the winners?
- Winners will be chosen by our panel of teachers/judges.
How will the winners be contacted?
- Winners will be contacted via e-mail. The winners must accept the prize notification and respond within 72 hours. The winners must sign an acceptance form. Vocab Tunes will not be responsible for winning notifications being filtered by winners’ e-mail settings. (It is recommended that you white list Vocab Tunes in your e-mail settings). For a list of winners, please send a self-addressed, stamped envelope with sufficient postage fee to Vocab Tunes LLC- 14797, Dix Toledo, Rd. Southgate, MI-48195.
* The 21 songs on the download page are from the Vocab Tunes grades 6 to 8 workbook.
** Vocab Tunes LLC reserves the right to amend the terms of this contest. We will not lessen the total prize money awarded. However, we reserve the right to extend the competition and/or include additional prizes.
*** Vocab Tunes LLC reserves the right to not award a prize winner in any of the given categories if no entry merits such designation as the winner.